Humans have a bad habit of overthinking. They love to overemphasize issues than they are. Sometimes it is the root cause of all the problems we face in our daily lives.
Apart from our interpersonal problems, we get most affected by problems related to our career and job.
I have put down a sketch for every stage of a professional’s life problems that one has to face.
It has four stages-
1. Skill related problems
2. Interview issues
3. Work-related problem
4. Career problems
Skill related problem:
This problem people face when they want to do something beyond their ability.
If you do not know what astrophysics is and want to build a rocket, then you are it to fail more.
Without technical knowledge, you can’t expect a job at Google.
These are some examples to make you understand the importance of skills.
● Age has not any direct connections with skill.
● But knowledge has. Higher education means better knowledge.
● But it is not the end of your story if you don’t have higher education. India’s first Nobel laureate in literature, Rabindranath Tagore, had never been to a school.
● You have to find your ability. Your subconscious mind is always speaking on your behalf. It knows what skills you have.
● Work hard to upgrade your skills. Those are essential for your chosen career path. Then you will never encounter skill-related problems.
Now, as you are ready to take up your career as professionals. An interview is the first thing that you face in this process. As everywhere in life, you will also face some problems there. So it is better to prepare for them beforehand.
Go through the below points before your next interview.
● An interview is not the same as a college or university examination. It does not have any set pattern. Though a student might prepare for several months for their examinations, most candidates do not spend enough time on focused interview preparation. They need access to the right resources and mentors to prepare adequately. Only the best candidates will qualify.
● Companies train interviewers to find out genuinely passionate candidates who are well aware of the role of companies. They spend significant time and energy training for young recruits. They do not want to hire such candidates who do not have a passion for the job. They are likely to leave the job early. So before applying for any job, you need to find out what is your calling for a job.
● Proper Interview etiquette is important. This is especially challenging for freshers. You can have an appropriate course of the interview to gain some real experience about dress code, body posture, the right attitude, etc.
● You should prepare well for the HR round. This is something different from a regular examination. They have a standard list of questions. Prepare those questions from your viewpoint for rehearsing. It will make things a little easier.
● Do not be over smart. Be honest. Showcase the real you. Do not get puzzled about tricky questions. Do not start a controversial topic.
We have an endless list of work-related problems. Before we get traumatized revisiting them, let’s identify them and find solutions.
Quitting a new job on the ground of discord with your colleagues is definitely not a good reason. Also, switching jobs because of a better package is not enough. If the chance of learning is less after some point, you will get unsatisfied with yourself in that new job. So analyzing why you want to quit your job is very important.
Work overload brings excessive stress. Professionals, especially from corporate fields, face extreme work pressure. To manage time, efficiently plan your work schedule carefully and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Effective time management can help to avoid work pressure to an extent. Identify which one work you want to do first. Learn to prioritize work according to their importance. It will enhance your productivity. With aspiration, you also need proficiency to be at the top of your game.
According to HRs, employees need to be more rational after facing a pay cut post appraisal. Instead of quitting jobs instantly, employees need to discuss with HRs for the real reason. It is always not for the company’s dissatisfaction with you, but also sometimes, companies go through rough phases.
Negotiate with salary:
Don’t just change your job for a better payslip. The chance of learning is equally important for your future. Otherwise, dissatisfaction will again occur after sometimes.
You are not the only one who feels sidelined by your boss with no proper season. Favoritism is a real thing. Actually, you can’t do much about it. But do something so that this feeling does not bother you much. And doesn’t affect your behavior towards your boss. Talk with your coworkers who feel the same. Sharing thoughts makes you feel right. You also can have an action plan over the situation.
Both bosses and employees think only they understand things better. Technically and also logically, this is not right. The boss should appraise employees for their contribution. Employees should learn from the boss as his experience is way better than them. Only a team can stand hard times.
Career is the most crucial thing only next to our family. When we face challenges in our careers, then we somehow lose the strength to handle it ourselves.
How many of us go to career counselors on being confused about careers or just can not handle the pressure in the current job?
Study says that people love to email career counselors more than we can think.
After analyzing their emails, we have found that people have four problems that they face in their careers.
1. Their current position in their job does not satisfy them, and they feel frustrated.
2. They think the job is not suitable for them
3. Less confidence.
4. They think they know what leads them to this situation.
If a company has fired or demoted you and you think you are not suitable for the job, then sometimes you need to start your career from the very first.
Career setback is a big thing. So being careful is primary importance in this stage. Find yourself a new job suitable for you, as you think. Also, you can work on a performance plan to bring the much-wanted growth in your career.
Imagine that you have an excellent job with great pay, but you don’t feel satisfied or inspired doing it. This is a common feeling shared by many. You not only work for money but also you want satisfaction and happiness in your work. Then it is high time to find where your satisfaction lies. Maybe you don’t want to do a job, but you want to be your boss. Perhaps you want to follow your passion and do something path-breaking. It is all about you. Learn to know about yourself.
Listen to your heart:
Maybe this sounds filmy, but you should follow your heart. Even your brain can’t bring happiness when your heart is crying. Building confidence is what I think we are listening to the heart. In the deep inside our hearts, we all know what we want to do. But our brain stops us from taking the risk. I also agree that uncalculated risk can ruin everything. But you are smart enough to know what amount of risk you can take without risking your life. So you can follow your heart.
A sole journey:
If you choose a career that sounds inconvenient for many people, then you should not be afraid. Heading to one’s dream has always been a sole journey for every successful person. You are not an exception in that case. Understand this point. So you don’t feel depressed over no getting mental support from anyone less.
Conclusion: Every problem is an opportunity to grow in life. If life throws you a challenge, then you should try your best to win that task rather than just crying over your luck. You need to change your perspective towards the problem.